Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Color Club - All About Color Collection (Part 1)

Man, I am just Color Club crazy lately!  This is the second set I purchased in my recent Ross haul and I'm loving it almost just as much as the Back to Boho set.  Again, the formulas are awesome, but I guess the color selection is a little boring (gasp!) and leaves me wondering why this set is called "All About Color".  If it really was all about color, why have 4 shades of red/pink?  I don't know... On to the swatches! 

Trippie Hippie

In my opinion, Trippie Hippie is one of the few polishes that make sense to have in an All About Color collection.  Sure, this color isn't super unique, but its beautiful and I don't have a dupe for it, so I'm happy.  Like most metallic polishes, you can see the brush strokes if you look closely, but its nothing noticeable in person.  I only needed 2 coats.

In Bloom
In Bloom is a super cute cream pink- there isn't really much else to say about it lol.  Not a unique color by any stretch, but still very pretty.  I used 2 coats, but probably should have gone for 3 as you can see a couple small bald spots.

Overboard
This one of those berry colors that meets somewhere between red and pink.  Again, not very unique- I'm sure every polish company in existence have done this color.  One thing I can say is, holy crap this one is glossy, which made taking pictures a bit difficult- I thought my camera was going to have a fit.  I used 2 coats, but really only needed 1.

Cadillac Red

Another crazy super glossy polish!  Its a very beautiful red..... And that's about it.  Two coats.

If you can believe it, there is yet ANOTHER cream pink in this collection that I have yet to swatch.  I really feel that this should have been more of a "classics" collection, considering more than half of the set are classic cream colors.  No offense Color Club, I still love you!  I'll swatch the remaining three polishes soon :)

10 comments:

  1. Where did you get the names of the polishes!?!?! Omg I was so mad that there was nothing on the box about the names of the colors, and I could not find any info on this set anywhere online. It kinda sucks that they cheapen up the bottles and don't label them for these sets. However, for the price, I shouldn't complain! Btw, I heard that some Walgreens have Color Club polishes for $.99!!! I went to two stores and had no luck. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took forever for me to find their names! I almost gave up but did eventually find someone's blog who had them listed. I agree about the lack of labels... I ended up making my own ghetto labels lol.

      I skulk around Walgreens from time to time and I've never seen Color Club there.. I'll have to keep an eye out. I would go nuts if I found Color Clubs for .99cents per bottle!

      Delete
  2. My favorite is in bloom. Well there all pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Bloom might be my favorite too... I've already found myself wearing it more than once! Its just bright enough to be fun, but still soft enough for work :)

      Delete
  3. They are so pretty! I saw this set at my local Ross a few weeks ago, but I ignored it because I was so focused on trying to find the Foiled collection (they didn't have that one). I may have to go back and get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should consider it! I know I bad-mouthed this collection for not being super colorful, but over all, its really nice. If you don't already have an extensive polish collection, this would be a great addition :)

      Delete
  4. I like all the colours. Your nails are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I do not advertize my blog in other blogger's comment sections, and I would appreciate the same courtesy. However, I do love to check out new blogs so please e-mail me instead! :)
PreshPolish@hotmail.com