Friday, March 23, 2012

Healthy Hands and Nails

I just wanted to do a semi quick post on my hand/nail care.  My hands and nails are prone to being pretty ragged and gross, so I'm going to share some of the super inexpensive products I use to help keep them in decent shape.  I don't by and means think mine are in amazing condition, but I do my best!

I always see other bloggers with gorgeous hands and nails and wonder to myself, How does she do it?! but I don't see many ladies posting their hand/nail care routine.  If you're a blogger, I would love to see a post on your routine too!

A huge part of keeping my hands and nails in good shape is plain old moisturizer!  I don't use anything fancy, just fragrance free Vaseline brand Intense Rescue Repairing Moisture lotion.  I'm really picky about lotions and I find a lot of them to be greasy and dirty feeling, but this one really soaks in quickly.  I try to remind myself to moisturize at least twice a day.  This product can be found at any drug store for around $5.
Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture (Fragrance Free)  


Once or twice a week, I will remove my cuticles before doing a manicure.  I like to use the Blue Cross brand cuticle remover.  It is pretty gentle, has a minimal scent, and does an excellent job- plus, its super cheap!  I purchased a 16oz bottle at Sallys Beauty for $6- it will probably last my entire life time!  I apply it with a Q-Tip, allow it to do its magic for about 2 minutes, and then rub away the removed cuticle with more Q-Tips.  At first, the thought of using a chemical to remove my cuticles scared me, but now I realize its far less scary than attempting to cut them- as long as you're sure to wash your hands afterwards!
Blue Cross Cuticle Remover

Lots of people love cuticle oil, and I am no exception!  I find most cuticle oil products to be really messy, so I prefer it in a pen style format.  I am absolutely in love with ELF's Nourishing Cuticle Pen!  It soaks in so quickly, no mess, and the tip on the pen is firm (yet soft) enough to push your cuticles back.  The best part about this product is that its only $1!  Each pen lasts me quite a long time (about a month) despite the fact that I use it about twice a day.
ELF Nourishing Cuticle Pen

So whats your routine?  I'd love to know!






(All photos used were courtesy of Google images search - these are not my photos!)

3 comments:

  1. I've made a post about my routine in autumn, but I think it will not be interesting for you to read it, because there're a lot of Ukrainian products in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Vaseline moisturizer every time after I wash my hands. Otherwise my hands get really dry. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to use almond oil to hydrate my hands and nails because they are very dry:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I do not advertize my blog in other blogger's comment sections, and I would appreciate the same courtesy. However, I do love to check out new blogs so please e-mail me instead! :)
PreshPolish@hotmail.com