Saturday, March 3, 2012

OPI Pirates of the Caribbean on Strager Tides Collection

This collection came out in the spring of 2011 so perhaps it is old news now, but this collection will always hold a special place in my heart.  I'm not sure I've ever been so crazy excited about any other polish collection!  An entire set of creamy, dirty pastels- awesome!  I wanted ALL of them so badly, but settled on just three. *sniffle*

Skull & Glossbones

This one is probably my absolute favorite from the collection, it is such an awesome gray!  I feel that it is appropriate for almost any occasion.  Its gray, so its not your nail polish norm- but it is so light and flattering that it doesn't scream for attention when you're wearing it.  Love, love, love!

Sparrow Me The Drama

Yet another awesome polish!  This one didn't strike me as very unique at first glance, but after applying it I realized it has a "dirty" quality to it.  It is not a bright pink, it is much more muted than your average bubblegum pink, but not quite a pastel either.

Stranger Tides

Lastly, is this collection's namesake.  While this is perhaps my least favorite of the bunch, I feel that it really sums this collection up well- dirty and murky.  I haven't worn this one much since I bought it, but I do love how unique it is.  I don't have any other polishes in my collection that look similar.

"Skull and Glossbones" & "Sparrow Me the Drama"

 One last thing about the Pirates collection- they all compliment each other so well due to their dirty, dusty qualities.  I shared this nail art a little while ago, but it applies to this post, so I'm sharing it again!

5 comments:

  1. I found that I've been frankening heaps of muted pastels... bright pastels look too princessy on me. Skull and Glossbones is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this nail art, it reminds me of buttons or spats! I think you've inspired my next nail art attempt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw you're right! Buttons! You should totally give it a shot, its super easy and I think it looks pretty nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im obsessed with this collection too - it's so unique and the formulas are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, I gave you the Liebster Blog Award (read more about it on my today's blog post)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I do not advertize my blog in other blogger's comment sections, and I would appreciate the same courtesy. However, I do love to check out new blogs so please e-mail me instead! :)
PreshPolish@hotmail.com