Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Julep Maven - April "It Girl" Swatches!

I was so excited about this month's Julep Maven box that I swatched them right away!  It was so nice to be able to sit down and do swatches today, it feels like it's been forever!  Between new jobs, new car, and my boyfriend's health issue, I feel like I haven't had any time for nails.

Normally, I would start with my favorite, but I think I love these three polishes equally! 

Niecy is a gorgeous bright pink creme with an awesome formula- only two coats required.  This is one of those colors that looks amazing on any skin tone, and is super fun to wear in the summer.

Niecy

Jessica is a baby blue creme, and is extremely opaque.  This is one coat- no joke.  It's perhaps a little on the thick side, but nothing unmanageable.

Jessica

Penelope is described by Julep as almost white with a hint of blush, which seems accurate by looking at this photo.  However, in person the pink is quite a bit more obvious and I wouldn't consider it to be "almost white".  Really pretty color that is springy and also work appropriate which I appreciate!  Formula is a bit thick and streaky, but if you're careful then two coats is enough.  I really should've gone for three coats judging by the obvious bald spots in my photo.

Penelope

I am so pleased with this month's Maven box, I really love all three polishes- bravo Julep!  Despite your tiny bottles, I am a happy customer. 

If you want to learn more about the Julep Maven subscription, Click Here!

6 comments:

  1. Both of them are beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay!! I'm expecting the same box!! Thanks for the post. Such nice colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Niecy is my favorite one from the trio. It's such a nice spring/summer color.

    PS. Hope your bf is ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) He's a tough cookie so he'll get through it, even if it takes a long time.

      Delete
  4. I like all of them, but especially Niecy. You're right Niecy looks super on you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! I do not advertize my blog in other blogger's comment sections, and I would appreciate the same courtesy. However, I do love to check out new blogs so please e-mail me instead! :)
PreshPolish@hotmail.com